50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked …
… is a post that is doing the rounds at the moment! I was inspired by Andi’s (from And Then Zen) post during a recent Bloggers comment swap. I’ve only done one Blogger Tag post since I started blogging but it was such good fun that I really wanted to do another. So, here we go …
- What’s your favourite candle scent?
White Lavender by The White Company.
- Which female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
- Which male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
- How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I’ve already been married for 11 years.
- Do you know a hoarder?
Yes, my seven year old daughter. I cannot get her to throw away / donate anything ever.
- Can you do the splits?
- How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
Probably seven or eight, I think.
- How many oceans have you swum in?
One – the Atlantic when we went to America for our honeymoon. But I’m lucky enough to have swum many times in the Mediterranean Sea too.
- How many countries have you visited?
Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, France, Spain (including some of the Canary islands and Balearic islands), Germany, Italy, Tunisia, Turkey, Cyprus, Crete, Greece (including some of the Greek islands), Israel, Dominican Republic, North America. Wow, that’s quite a list! I didn’t realise how many countries I’d been to until I stopped to think about it.
- Is anyone in your family in the army?
My husband used to be a fighter pilot in the RAF – oh, the glamour 🙂
- What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I do have one, she’s called Flora.
- What would you name your son if you had one?
- What’s the worst grade you ever got on a test?
I failed my driving test four times before I eventually passed!
- What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
- What did you dress up for Halloween as when you were eight?
Probably a cat.
- Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
I’ve read all the Harry Potter and Hunger Games books.
- Would you rather have an American accent or a British one?
British, no contest (apologies to any American readers).
- Did your mother go to university?
No, nor my father.
- Are your grandparents still married?
Both sets of grandparents are dead but yes, they remained married to each other until death did them part.
- Have you ever taken karate lessons?
- Do you know who Kermit the Frog is?
Haha, yes, of course! My favourite was the Cookie Monster though.
- What was the first amusement park you went to?
I don’t think I’ve ever been to one, unless the local fair counts?
- What language besides your native language would you like to be fluent in?
Although I think Russian or Chinese would be useful, I’d really love to be fluent in Italian, it’s such a musical language.
- Do you spell the colour as grey or gray?
- Is your father bald?
Yes, he was partially bald.
- Do you know any triplets?
No, but I know some twins.
- Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I haven’t seen The Notebook so I’d have to say Titanic.
- Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes, I love it, although nothing in the Vindaloo category.
- What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
I’m rather partial to Wagamamas at the moment, particularly their teriyaki salmon soba.
- Have you ever been to Nandos?
No – am I missing out?
- Do you belong to any warehouse stores? (Costco, Bookers, etc)
No, that would be far too dangerous for my bank balance.
- What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I don’t know and neither of them are around anymore to ask, sadly.
- If you have a nickname, what is it?
“Best Mummy in the world” – but only when Flora’s after something …
- Who is your favourite person in the world?
My two favourite people are Flora and Alan (my husband).
- Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
Countryside. I’m a country girl, although rural broadband SUCKS.
- Can you whistle?
- Do you sleep with a night-light?
No, it would keep me awake.
- Do you eat breakfast every morning?
- What medical conditions do you have?
None – unless being practically blind without glasses or contact lenses counts?
- How many times have you been to hospital?
Once when I was born, and once when Flora was born.
- Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes, and I preferred it to Finding Dory.
- Where do you buy your jeans?
Marks and Spencer.
- What was the last compliment you got?
“You’re the best Mummy in the world,” – see 33 above.
- Do you remember your dreams in the morning?
Sometimes, not always.
- What flavour tea do you enjoy?
Earl Grey or Mint – but only with real mint leaves.
- How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Around 20 pairs although I only ever wear about five of those pairs. My favourites are my metallic gold Converse trainers, they go with pretty much anything.
- What religion will you raise your children to practice?
I’m a non-practicing Church of England so I’ll let Flora choose what religion she wants to follow, if any, when she’s older.
- How old were you when you found out Santa wasn’t real?
Quite old actually, around ten, I think.
- Why do you have a blog?
It’s my own little creative outlet where I can write whatever I like, learn new skills, and engage with other bloggers, and I love it!
- Name five of your favourite albums ever?
I’m sorry, I can’t narrow it down to five, plus it would mess up my image grid, so I’ll have to go with my top six:
Battle Born – The Killers
Atomic – The Very Best of Blondie
Flesh + Blood – Roxy Music
Rio – Duran Duran
Misplaced Childhood – Marillion
Born to Die – Lana del Rey.
Oh, I loved doing this post so, so much! There were some really interesting questions that made me think, and remember all sorts of things I’d forgotten. I don’t want to tag anyone in particular but if you’d like to have a go at these questions please do tag me because I’d love to see your responses. What do you think? Will you have a go too?