Today I’m doing another tag post because I love reading them and finding out more about my fellow bloggers, and this time it’s a Beauty Tag. I was inspired by Holzie Loves (you can read her post here) and after a quick bit of Googling and a little bit of brainstorming, here are the resulting 21 questions.
So, let’s get started…
- Do you remember your first makeup item? This is going back a loooooooooooong way but yes, I do, it was a Rimmel bullet shaped Kajal eyeliner. I think it may have belonged to my mother but I purloined it 🙂
- Describe your perfect mascara? I don’t really stick to any particular brand, as long as they give me some length and fullness and I don’t look like I’ve got dead spiders stuck to my lids then I’m happy.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer in a foundation? I prefer light powder coverage (Bare Minerals is my current favourite) because I’m not very good at application and I don’t like a caked look.
- Favourite high end brand? I’m not sure what counts as high end but I’m very fond of Bare Minerals and Stila.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t? I’m quite intrigued by all the buzz around the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks. Not quite enough to buy one yet but that might change if I keep reading good things about them.
- Favourite drugstore brand? Looking in my makeup drawer, I would have to plump for Rimmel and Bourjois. Although neither of them feature in my makeupbag (the contents of which are in the pic at the top of this post)!
- Do you wear fake eyelashes? I would love to try but I’m too scared of pulling out my own spindly little lashes when I had to remove them. I make do with LVL treatments (lash lift and tint) every eight weeks or so.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Lipstick and my Revlon primer, which can be used over the top of make up to matt down my oily T zone.
- What is your most cherished beauty product? Still my HD Brows palette, which I talked about before. My brows are so sparse that if I don’t fill them in I look like a potato.
- Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely? Haha, a beauty what? No, I don’t, but I am inherently Scrooge-like so I rarely go overboard.
- What type of product do you buy the most of? Lipsticks and nail polishes. They’re like sweets to me, they just make me happy. And OPI are by far and away the best nail polish brand I have ever tried.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? Superdrug, Boots, TK Maxx, outlet stores, and online.
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I’m not averse to trying new skincare but I find that some don’t agree with my skin. I had a few Balance Me products in my Birchboxes and they didn’t work for me at all. My beloved Origins facewash and moisturiser are the ones that I always come back to.
- Favourite bath and body brand? Origins Ginger Essence. I have the bath cream, shower gel, body lotion, perfume, and even the candle, so I guess you could say I’m quite partial to the fragrance.
- Favourite Beauty Guru? I thought Kevyn Aucoin was hugely creative and talented. I have a couple of his coffee table books that I like dipping into now and again.
- Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains? Yes, I have a Stila convertible lip and cheek tint in Tulip, which I love (see pic at the top of this post). Although I do have to use a lip balm sometimes as what works on my cheeks is occasionally a little drying on my lips.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Only when I’ve got a cat sitting on my lap and head butting me as I’m trying to apply it. So most mornings then.
- What do you love about makeup? It makes me look alive!
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day? None if I’m not washing it, just an Afro comb to make an attempt at tidying my curls without turning them into a ball of frizz. If I’m washing it, then shampoo, conditioner, detangling spray, curl defining cream.
- Which beauty bloggers do you read? No-one in particular but I love reading Boxes and Swatches beauty box reviews, and the photography of the beauty bloggers on Instagram is just #goals.
- Any make up or skin care tips to share? Never underestimate the power of a red lipstick. It may take a while to find a shade that suits you but on a meh day I find it transforms so much more than my face 🙂
So there we are, my first Beauty Tag, I hope you enjoyed reading it. I haven’t tagged anyone but if you’d like to have a go too then please do tag me, I’d love read your answers and find out more about you too.