Last month Cassie from www.zombiegoddessbeauty.com very kindly nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. And today I’m finally answering her questions – huge apologies for the delay, Cassie! I’m really excited to be doing this tag so thank you very much – you can check out Cassie’s post out here.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog (don’t quite understand this one so I’ll do it via good old Twitter).
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three facts about me:
- I look like a potato when I don’t wear make up.
- If you interrupt me when I’m immersed in a book then you’d better have your running shoes on.
- I would, quite honestly, walk through fire to rescue my daughter, cats, and husband (he said that is the correct ordering).
Cassie’s questions for me:
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mother, who very sadly is no longer alive. She held down three jobs, ran our home, founded countless social groups, and brought me up in the way that I hope I’m emulating with her grand-daughter.
- What is your favourite hobby besides blogging?
Gardening. I describe myself as a keen but clueless gardener because I’m completely self-taught. Going from a window box to a garden and orchard was a steep learning curve but I love just grubbing around in the mud and seeing what grows.
- What do you do to stay motivated?
I’m lucky that I’m finally doing a job I love, I have the most supportive and wonderful husband, and we have the most amazing little girl who is a constant source of happiness and fun. So I’m nearly always fully motivated because I’m happy (sorry, I know that’s rather sappy).
- What do you like to write about the most?
Anything and everything, I have no niche because I like writing about so many different things. I’m sure it would show if I tried to force something, so I only want to write about things that inspire me.
- How would you describe your blogging style?
Accessible (I hope) with something for everyone.
- What is your favourite random/weird fact?
Orca whales aren’t actually whales, or sharks, they’re dolphins. (Thank you to my daughter for this little gem).
My three favourite posts:
- The Anti-Autumn post – what I don’t like about Autumn! – every blogger seemed to be writing about how much they love autumn recently but I’m a summer girl so this was my tongue-in-cheek response.
- Ten books that turned my daughter into a reader – this post was inspired by a Booktrust campaign, I loved writing it, and it’s still one of my most viewed posts.
- Paying it forward – and feeling good about yourself – this was partly triggered by a conversation with a friend and partly by another blogger’s post.
Jenny of Jenny in Neverland
Beth of Adventure and Anxiety
Andi of And Then Zen
Bexa of Hello Bexa
Abbey of Abbey Louisa Rose
Louisa of LouBee Lou Blogs
Rachel of Word of Rachel
Emmie of Carpe Diem Emmie
April from Travelling Wanderer
Megan Anne from Love Megan Anne
My questions are:
- Do you/did you ever have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- If you could spend one day in someone else’s shoes, who would it be and why?
- What did you used to wear that you thought was cool but now you realise it so wasn’t? (eg, clothes, make up, hairstyles)
- What’s the cleverest word you know?
- What’s your favourite random/weird fact?